‘Widow’s Mite coin’ from Jesus time in an olive wood box.
- Widow’s Mite Value.
The coins that the widow put into the offering box were almost certainly bronze leptas. These small, bronze coins were the smallest denomination available, and they were the equivalent to 1/64 of a denarius. A laborer could expect to earn a denarius for a day’s wages.
- Jesus time coin in a nice presentation box.
- The lowest amount coin in the New Testament.
- The story of the poor Widow giving all what she had.
- Ancient coins discovered in Jerusalem.
- Includes a certificate of authenticity.
He looked up and saw rich people putting their gifts into the treasury; He also saw a poor widow put in two small copper coins. He said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all of them; for all of them have contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in all she had to live on.” (Luke 21:2-4)