Ancient oil lamp from the Byzantine period (5th Century)
- lamp stamped by Angel holding a Bible on top.
- Red color 6″ inches long.
- Angel holding a letter early Christian symbols.
- St Augustine was a South African.
- Includes a certificate of authenticity.
Oil lamp was made in a stone mold. This reddish colored mold type oil lamp is distinctive to North African pottery, and is a favorite of collectors because of its beautiful appearance and artistic designs.
Zak’s Antiquities is the website of Zak’s fine art and antiquities. Located on the Christian Quarter road in Jerusalem’s Old City. The shop began in 1964 and has remained as a family owned and operated business till this day. For the past 50 years Zak’s Antiquities has sold ancient coins, antiquities and art authentic to Israel and Jerusalem.