Translucent Three handles Roman glass cosmetic double kohl tube.
- Ancient Roman glass Basket handle.
- Roman Kohl Balsamarium found in Israel.
- Translucent blue color XF patina height 6.5″.
- Glass from 3rd century weight 59 grams.
- Certificate of authenticity included.
These jars were used in ancient Roman times by women of stature to hold cosmetics.
Kohl is an ancient eye cosmetic, traditionally made by grinding a sulfide mineral with burnt frankincense, cinnamon bark and other spice to be used in mascara.
Zak’s Antiquities private collection.